Delivering a comprehensive unemployment compensation program targeting cost control and unemployment tax savings.
edgwick, Ohio’s leading third-party administrator (TPA), offers a professional unemployment compensation cost control program. Our experienced team provides a unique, customized approach to each individual employer customer, tailoring our solutions to maximize your unemployment tax savings.
Partner With an Experienced Cost Control Leader.
As one of Ohio’s largest risk consulting and claims management providers, Sedgwick is exceeding the expectations of our more than 30,000 employer customers every day.
Unemployment Consulting Services
This service is provided to our Workers’ Compensation Group Rating and Group Retrospective customers only and includes the following telephonic consulting:
- Discuss employee disciplinary issues to help increase claim win ratio results if separation of employment occurs.
- How to complete unemployment claim forms and file appeals.
- Tips on claims protest with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS).
- Recognizing what types of separation issues are good to challenge to a hearing.
- Information to prepare for an unemployment hearing and what to expect.
- Steps to verify and protest erroneous benefit charges.
- Understanding unemployment liability determinations and approximate costs.
- How to handle work refusals based on ODJFS requirements.
- Understanding your annual Contribution Rate Determination and the assigned tax rate for your account.
- Review the option of submitting a voluntary contribution amount to ODJFS.
Full-Service Unemployment Compensation Program
Our comprehensive unemployment compensation program delivers unique, customized solutions to help our customers reduce and control their unemployment taxes.
Experience: Sedgwick’s unemployment team averages 15 years of experience in assisting employers with managing their unemployment program.
Claims Management: Experienced, well-trained claims consultants will handle all of your claims.
Appeals Review & Processing: A thorough review of each determination will be conducted by Sedgwick to ensure accuracy and maximize potential savings.
Benefit Charge Auditing: Sedgwick’s auditing system will automatically check for state errors. We will file protests on any erroneous charges and track them until a credit is received.
Customized Management Reports: Sedgwick will provide you with customized reports, making them a valuable tool in reducing your unemployment costs.
Quarterly Account Review: Your assigned Sedgwick Account Executive can meet with you each quarter to review your unemployment experience, providing you with an in-depth analysis and solutions to reduce your costs.
Hearing Representation: Preparation and representation can be provided for both telephone and in-person hearings.
Tax Analysis: Sedgwick can offer tax analyses, including rate verifications, joint account analysis and voluntary contribution recommendations.
Review of Disciplinary Issues: Discuss employee issues with Sedgwick prior to an unemployment claim to help increase win ratio claim results.
Workshops: Educational sessions can be held at your location for managers and supervisors.